Our Easy Berry Trifle is what your Thanksgiving is in serious need of! Fresh fruit combined with a yogurt and cool whip mixture for a light and refreshing side dish or dessert. Loved by both kids and adults on this festive day - a definite crowd pleaser.
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 Ounces strawberry Yoghurt
- 3 Teaspoons Lemon juice
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip
- 3/4 Teaspoon almond extract
- Fruit: strawberries (6 cups), blueberries (6 cups)
1. Wash the blueberries. Should you use frozen fruit, ensure that the berries thaw and then blot the excess juices off with a paper towel.
2. Cut the strawberries into bite-sized pieces.
3. Cut your lemon in half. Use 1/2 of the lemon to get 3 teaspoons of juice. Set the juice aside for later.
4. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, strawberry yoghurt and lemon juice together. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix the Cool Whip and almond extract together.
6. Combine the Cool Whip mixture and yoghurt mixture and stir until fully combined.
1. In your trifle dish place a layer of strawberries followed by 1 cup of the yoghurt mixture and then 1 layer of blueberries. Use around 2 cups of fresh fruit per layer.
2. Continue to layer until all ingredients are used up and your dish is filled.
3. Place your leftover berries on top of the trifle as decoration and ENJOY!